Funding your careAs many people are choosing to remain in the comfort of their own home and seeking the services of home care providers, it is often difficult to know where to start finding ways to fund your care. We have outlined below some of the key ways of funding, to discuss further please call one of our dedicated team.
Individual BudgetsWhat is an Individual Budget? The Government wants to give people more choice and control over the public services that they receive. They have asked all local authorities to work towards offering Individual Budgets to everyone who is eligible for a service.
- Individual Budgets will involve you more, right from the start of the assessment process.
- Individual Budgets give you more choice and control over how money is used for your social care and support. It's your choice to choose which care company provides your support, talk to us on 0784 591 9086.
- Individual Budgets tells you exactly how much money is available to spend on the care and support you need.
- Individual Budgets brings together money from different places such as:
- Local Authority
- Supporting People
- Independent Living Fund
- Your own money
Public Funding – Social ServicesA health and social care assessment is carried out by social services to find out what help and support you need - like healthcare, equipment, help in your home or residential care. Services can include:
- home care help with things like cleaning and shopping
- disability equipment and adaptations to your home
- day centres to give you or the person who cares for you a break
Direct PaymentsDirect Payments are cash payments given to service users in lieu of community care services they have been assessed as needing, and are intended to give users greater choice in their care. The payment must be sufficient to enable the service user to purchase services to meet their eligible needs, and must be spent on services that meet eligible needs.
Find out more about Direct Payments at the www.gov.uk/apply-direct-payments
Personal BudgetsA cash payments given to service users in lieu of community care services they have been assessed as needing, and are intended to give users greater choice in their care. The payment must be sufficient to enable the service user to purchase services to meet their eligible needs, and must be spent on services that meet eligible needs.
Find out more about the Independent living fund at the www.gov.uk/independent-livingfund website
Private fundingIf you are choosing to pay for care privately yourself, you can talk to our team who can arrange an initial meeting to discuss your needs. Charges are usually based on 1/2hr and hourly rates, so we can accommodate a wide range of requirements.
Useful sites and contactsNorth East Lincolnshire Social Services Click here
Paying for Care.org is a non for profit company helping to understand paying for care Click here
United Kingdom Home Care Association Click here